Raise awareness of a Social Justice issue important to you and win up to £400
The Social Justice Photography Competition 2019 launched on 16 October 2018.
The competition is an exciting opportunity for undergraduate students to raise awareness of a social justice issue that matters to them.
You can use a phone, tablet, analogue or digital camera. The photographs will be judged on how ideas are conveyed creatively and how they engage the audience. You can find inspiration from last years winners below.
Submissions will be open from the 16 October 2018 to 8 March 2019.
The winners will be announced at the Volunteer of the Year Awards on 2 May 2019.
THE COMPETITION OPENED ON 16 OCTOBER 2018
- Choose a topic - an issue of social justice important to you
- Take your photograph - you can use a phone, tablet, analogue camera, digital camera or anything else you can think of
- Edit your photo - if you want to or you can just leave it as it is
- Write up to 100 words and give your photo a title - explaining why the issue is important to you
- Fill out the image release form - this allows us to share your photo and use it in our marketing for the exhibition
- Submit everything – by emailing your photo (or a link to your photo), your image release form and your 100 words to email@example.com with the subject line Social Justice Photography Competition. Make sure you include your name, student number and the title of the photo in the email.
- You can only enter the competition once
- Email your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for entries is Friday 8 March 2019 at 23:59 – photos entered after this date will not be considered
- Photos must be your independent work, original and comply with The University of Manchester regulations
- The competition is open to all undergraduate students at The University of Manchester
- Winning entries will be announced 2 May 2019 at the Volunteer of the Year Awards.
There are 3 prizes up for grabs:
- Grand Prize - £400
- Second Place - £200
- Third Place - £100